‘My perfect PANDORA summer’
Official Rules for ‘My perfect PANDORA summer’ on Pinterest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
THIS COMPETITION IS ONLY VALID IN: Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Spain, France, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates (UAE), United States, Canada (omit Quebec Province).
THIS COMPETITION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, PINTEREST.
1. BINDING AGREEMENT. BY ENTERING INTO THE “MY PERFECT PANDORA SUMMER” (“Competition”) OUTLINED BELOW, YOU ARE ENTERING INTO A CONTRACT WITH SPONSOR TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES GOVERNING THE COMPETITION AND TO SPONSOR’S DECISIONS, WHICH ARE FINAL AND BINDING ON ALL MATTERS RELATING TO THIS COMPETITION. THEREFORE, PLEASE READ THESE OFFICIAL RULES CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING. Sponsor encourages you to print and keep a copy of these Official Rules for your records.
2. SPONSOR. The Competition is made available to you by PANDORA A/S (“Sponsor”) located at Hovedvejen 2, 2600 Glostrup, Denmark.
3. DURATION. The Competition begins on 27 May 2014 at 14.00 CET and ends on 18 June 2014 at 23.59 CET (“Term”).
4. ELIGIBILITY. The Competition is open only to persons who are at least eighteen (18) years old and have reached the age of majority in their state, province, or country of residence at the date and time of entry, and who are not legal nationals or permanent legal residents of any country which is not explicitly mentioned as valid above. The Competition is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor or its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfilment, and marketing agencies, website providers, web masters, distributors or dealers, its agencies, or members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings, and children, regardless of where they live), or persons living in same household, are not eligible to enter or win. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winners.
5. ENTRY. To enter the competition, you must (i) have or create a Pinterest account, (ii) create a board on Pinterest and name it “My perfect PANDORA summer” (“Competition Board”), (iii) pin Pandora’s competition image and at least five (5) original, eligible pictures of PANDORA jewellery that each meet the requirements in Sections 6 and 7 below to the Competition Board, (iv) use #PANDORAsummercontest on all pins and (v) go to http://www.pandora.net/explore/collections/summer2014#PinToWin and fill out and submit the online form, including the URL associated with your Competition Board, your name, email address, date of birth, and country of residence. For the purposes of this Competition, each Competition Board and completed online form will constitute one (1) entry (“Entry”). You may continue to pin to the Competition Board after the submission of your Entry and until the conclusion of the Competition Term. If you do not have a Pinterest account, you can sign up for one for free by going to www.pinterest.com. Entries are only accepted if they comply with these Official Rules. Entries will not be returned or acknowledged. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the authenticity and accuracy of all information provided.
Entries must be submitted by the participant. Normal Internet, phone and usage charges imposed by your online or phone service may apply. Incomplete, illegible, corrupted, or untimely Entries are void and will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant or participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, Internet service provider, or other organization (which may include an employer) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Entries specifying an invalid, non-working, or inactive email address will be disqualified and ineligible to win.
6. ELIGIBLE PINS. All pins to the Competition Board must comply with Pinterest’s Terms of Service (which can be found through this URL: http://about.pinterest.com/terms/) and Acceptable Use Policy (which can be found through this URL: http://about.pinterest.com/use/) as well as the Content Guidelines below. The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entry from the Competition if the Competition Board (including all pins made thereto) fails to comply with the below Content Guidelines, violates Pinterest’s Terms of Service and/or Acceptable Use Policy, does not comply with these Official Rules, is not consistent with the spirit or theme of this competition, or for any other reason, at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
7. CONTENT GUIDELINES. In order for a Competition Board to qualify as an Entry, the Competition Board and all submitted pins on each Competition Board:
• MUST be your original idea and work (modification of an original work is not an original idea). Submissions MUST NOT copy or otherwise plagiarize from any source.
• MUST NOT contain material that violates or infringes others’ rights, including but not limited to material that violates privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement. Without limiting the foregoing, photographs that are pinned to Competition Boards must not include third-party trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, photographs, artwork, or sculptures, except those of Sponsor.
• MUST NOT contain material that is (or promotes activities that are), in Sponsor’s sole discretion, indecent, hateful, defamatory, slanderous, libellous, tortious, sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, inappropriate, violent, self-mutilating (e.g., relating to murder, the sale of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), discriminatory, offensive, threatening, profane, or harassing, or contain material that is threatening to any person, place, business, group or world peace; or contain words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group; or contain images, words or text portraying nudity, acts of violence.
• MUST NOT contain material that is illegal or prohibited in your country of residence (e.g., underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.).
9. WINNER SELECTION. The Competition is a game of skill. The potential winners will be selected by a judging panel of Sponsor consisting of two Sponsor employees and one independent judge. The judging panel will select one (1) winner from each country in which the competition is valid and from where entries have been submitted. In total sixteen (16) winners will be selected globally. The selection of winners shall be in the sole discretion of the judges who may decide by unanimous vote or majority vote. All decisions of judges are final. The potential winners will be selected on 26 June 2014 at Sponsor’s address based on originality, creativity and commercial appeal of the Competition Board as a whole. Each criterion is of equal importance. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. By 27 June 2014, Sponsor will notify the potential winners by sending an email to each potential winner using the email address provided at time of entry. Following the instructions in the email, the potential winners must reply to Sponsor by giving information about his or her name, address, country (which must be the same as that submitted on entering the Competition) and telephone number so that Sponsor knows where to send the prize. A potential winner’s failure to respond to the prize notification email within three (3) months of Sponsor notifying the potential winner by email will result in forfeiture of the applicable prize and selection of the entrant with the next highest score from that potential winner’s country of residence as an alternate potential winner in his/her place. Any prize awarded may be forfeited if a potential winner fails to comply with these Official Rules. In the event of prize forfeiture by a potential winner, Sponsor will select an alternative potential winner from the same country of residence as the potential winner. A POTENTIAL WINNER IS ONLY ENTITLED TO RECEIVE THE PRIZE ONCE HE OR SHE HAS SATISFIED ALL REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND HIS/HER ELIGIBILITY TO WIN HAS BEEN VERIFIED BY THE SPONSOR. Only two (2) alternate winner selections will be made for each participating country, after which any remaining prizes will remain un-awarded.
10. PRIZES. Each prizewinner will receive one (1) PANDORA bangle bracelet (product no. 590713), one (1) PANDORA orange murano charm (product no. 791626), two (2) PANDORA silver with cubic zirconia charms (product no. 791295CZ), one (1) PANDORA silver ring with cubic zirconia (product no. 190909CZ) and one (1) PANDORA silver birthstone ring with carnelian (product no. 190854CAR). The total approximate retail value (“ARV”) per prize is DKK 2,417/USD 370/CAD 415/EUR 324. The prizes will be dispatched to each winner within thirty (30) days of each winner responding to the prize notification and supplying their details as set out in Section 9. Prizes are non-transferable, may not be substituted by the prizewinner, and are not redeemable for cash and no cash alternative will be offered. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or components of a prize(s). All taxes, fees, duties, surcharges, if any, associated with the redemption of the prize are the responsibility of the prizewinner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any reason. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Competition. If, by reason of a print, technical or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, an alternate winner will be selected in accordance with the winner selection method described above from among all eligible claimants making purportedly valid claims to award the advertised number of prizes available.
11. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS. By submitting his or her Entry, a participant irrevocably assigns to Sponsor the Entry (including all photos pinned to Competition Boards and all Competition Boards) and any and all intellectual property rights therein, including, but not limited to, any copyrights for Sponsor to hold in its own right. Sponsor may use for any purpose on any media, in whole or in part, in its original or amended form, any Entry submitted by the participant without notification, compensation, or permission to entrant or any third-party. By submitting his or her Entry an entrant also waives his or her moral rights in the Entry including the right to be credited as the author and the right to object to derogatory treatment of the work. If Sponsor elects to use a entrant’s Entry for any purposes, entrant agrees that all rights under copyright or other intellectual property rights which may result from that relating to entrant’s Entry or from use of the same by Sponsor shall be the sole property of Sponsor. Entrant further agrees that if Sponsor elects to use entrant’s Entry, entrant will execute any documents requested by Sponsor regarding the assignment. If any use by the Sponsor of the Entry causes it to be liable to any third-party, entrant agrees to indemnify Sponsor and its agents, employees, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, and all related parties from and against any and all damages, costs, judgments and expenses (including reasonable attorney fees) that it incurs as a result of its use of the Entry. This waiver is only effective in jurisdictions where it is possible to waive such rights.
12. DISCLAIMERS. Sponsor assumes no responsibility and is not liable for entries that are late, delayed, misdirected, illegible, or incomplete, and Sponsor assumes no responsibility and is not liable for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Competition, technical system or human errors and failures, mechanical equipment malfunctions, viruses, hacker attacks, faulty transmissions, unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Competition, other telecommunication malfunctions, or any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Competition or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Proof of transmissions does not constitute proof of entry. By entering the Competition, each participant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor.
14. RIGHT TO CANCEL OR TERMINATE. If, for any reason, the Competition is not capable of running as planned, including because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, corruption, hacker attacks, faulty transmissions, force majeure, or any other cause beyond the control of Sponsor which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Competition, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and (a) modify the Competition or suspend the Competition to address the impairment and then resume the Competition in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or (b) award the prize from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment in accordance with the winner selection criteria described above. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
15. PERMISSION TO USE NAME/LIKENESS. Except where prohibited by law, any potential winner, by submitting an entry, grants the right and permission to Sponsor (which request will be confirmed in writing on request of Sponsor) to print, publish, broadcast, and use, worldwide and in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to pandora.net, Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Pinterest and in the Pandora Magazine, at any time or times, the winner’s Entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, opinions and biographical information (including but not limited to hometown and state) for advertising , trade or promotional purposes (including the announcement of his or her name on television or radio broadcast), without additional consideration, compensation, permission or notification. Sponsor reserves the right but may choose not to do so.
16. RELEASE OF LIABILITY. Each participant, by entering the Competition, and the winners, by accepting any prize, release Pinterest, Sponsor and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent companies, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, website providers, web masters, distributors, dealers, and agencies, directors, officers, agents and employees (the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for any damage, loss or injury (excluding death or personal injury caused by negligence), any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, or merchandise delivery, resulting from or arising out of participation in the Competition, or from the acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of the prizes. The above parties are not responsible if any prize cannot be awarded due to cancellations, delays, or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or terrorism. By entering this Competition, entrant agrees that the above parties will not be responsible or liable for any injuries, damages, or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages to persons or property (excluding death or personal injury caused by negligence) arising out of access to and use of any website associated with this Competition or the downloading from and/or printing materials downloaded from such site. However, nothing in these Official Rules shall affect your legal rights including in relation to any PANDORA product received as a prize.
17. CONDUCT. By participating, you agree to comply with and be bound by these Official Rules. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification or ineligibility to receive a prize. You further agree to comply with and be bound by decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole reasonable discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be: (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the operation of the Competition and/or the Competition Page; (b) violating these Official Rules; (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
18. GOVERNING LAW AND VENUE. The Competition is governed by the laws of Denmark, excluding its choice of law provisions. Subject to your legal rights as a consumer, by entering the Competition, participants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the local court in Glostrup, Denmark (Retten i Glostrup) for the resolution of any disputes.
19. WINNERS’ LIST. Sponsor will announce the list of winners in a picture on Pinterest which will be available from June 27, 2014 to July 11, 2014.
PANDORA shall not be liable for technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein. Copyright ©2014 PANDORA A/S. PANDORA® and other logos or trademarks listed herein are trademarks of PANDORA and/or other companies in Denmark, Canada, the United States and other countries. All rights reserved.