Why do we need your personal data?
Pandora uses information from our interactions with you and other customers as well as certain third parties to help achieve its goal of providing the highest quality products and services.
Your personal information is processed for the achievement of specific purposes only (and not in such a manner contrary to such purpose), and on the basis of a specific legal basis in each case, as provided by the applicable law.
In particular and of relevance to the WhatsApp Pandora Personal Shopping Service, Pandora processes your personal information:
- where the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you; and/or
- with your express consent.
In particular, we may use your personal information:
- to communicate with you and provide information and materials to you, including information of an administrative nature, via WhatsApp, as part of the WhatsApp Pandora Personal Shopping Service at the number you provide;
- to verify your identity and to respond to any query you may raise with us; to process your request and provide you with the best service possible;
- to provide support during purchases of Pandora products using the WhatsApp Pandora Personal Shopping Service;
- to allow you to communicate with Pandora sales assistants and make purchases from a Store using the WhatsApp Pandora Personal Shopping Service and for purposes relating to your order; e.g. to notify you on the status of your order or delivery; to fulfil your requests, such as responding to a question regarding our products and Stores, to fulfil your order; to process your card payment and/or to provide you with customer service;
- to carry out our obligations arising from the Ts&Cs and the contract entered into between you and us;
- to administer and maintain our records and for device and data analytics;
- to prevent and/or detect any misuse or fraud; and
- with your permission, we may contact you directly through the details provided by you (e.g. delivery address, email, text message, telephone or any other electronic means) for marketing, advertising and market research purposes. For example, this includes information related to Pandora products, e-commerce activities, special offers and promotions, as well as information on local store openings and activities. In order to be able to contact you with information that is of special interest to you, your overall interaction with Pandora (such as, but not limited to, your shopping behaviour, your contact history with our customer service, your participation in promotions or events, will be jointly analysed and used. We may use your personal information for marketing, advertising and market research purposes. Below you will find information on your rights, e.g. how to withdraw your consent or amend your personal details.
If you provide us with the personal information of another person, please make sure that you have the right to share this information with us before you do so.
How is the collected data processed?
The processing of your personal information, in particular your mobile number, any data necessary for billing and delivery and your email address, will be carried out using electronic tools. The provision of your data is necessary for the pursuit of the aforementioned purposes, and therefore any refusal of it would make it impossible to implement the purpose for which the personal information is collected.
The information provided to us by you via WhatsApp, your mobile number and any other personal data collected by Pandora during these communications will be deleted on the next working day following the day of your last interaction with a Pandora sales assistant via WhatsApp, unless during the aforementioned communications, you have received a Purchase Proposal, in which case, your personal information will be kept for a period of 3 years from the date of our sending the Purchase Proposal to you via WhatsApp. In all circumstances, your personal information will only be stored and processed for as long as the purpose for which it was obtained exists.
Who controls the data?
Your personal information will be collected, stored and processed by Panmeas Jewellery LLC, a limited liability company with registered office in Rolex Tower 5th floor, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, TRN number 100371377100003 and main license number 642632.
We take the appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised use, disclosure or access, in particular where processing involves the transmission of data over a network, and against all other unlawful forms of processing and misuse.
Disclosure of personal data
Treating your data with the utmost care and confidentiality is one of our core values. If required by law, your data may be disclosed to third parties. In addition, we employ service providers and data processors to process data on our behalf. These services include authentication, maintenance services, analysis services, e-mail messaging services, gift services, delivery services, handling of payment transactions, solvency, address and e-mail checks. These third parties are our data processors, payment service providers used to facilitate payment for your purchases, and couriers responsible for carrying out delivery to you, and they may only process personal data to the extent necessary in order to deliver their services.
Some of our data processors and payment service providers are situated outside the United Arab Emirates. Consequently, we may share your personal information with countries outside the United Arab Emirates. However, we will only provide this information on the basis of the recipient fulfilling applicable technical, organisational and security requirements, and on the condition that such processors process your data on the basis only of our instructions and pursuant to contracts and agreements between us.
Unfortunately, transmission of information via the Internet is not wholly secure. Although we do our utmost to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted via WhatsApp; any transmission is done so at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we employ strict procedures and rigid security measures to try to prevent unauthorised access.
If you provide us with personal data via WhatsApp, this is done on an entirely voluntary basis. If you choose not to provide the requested information, various customer benefits may not be available to you. In certain cases, only those who have submitted to us the required personal information are able to order products, use certain services and in other ways avail themselves of the activities and offers available under the Pandora Personal Shopping Service. We provide numerous options, depending on the exact circumstances, in order to help you retain control over your data. These options may include editing your data or receiving information about the data held.
You can access and request that we amend your personal information, or request the exercise of any other of your rights in respect of your personal information, at any time by contacting us at Aeinfo@pandora.net
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy or if you have any enquires regarding the personal data you have given us, kindly contact Pandora at any time by sending an email directly to: Aeinfo@pandora.net. You may also lodge a complaint related to your consumer rights with the Ministry of Economy Consumer Protection Department on its hotline (600-522-225).