PANDORA Black Friday Sweepstakes
Official Rules (United States and Canada)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Pandora Black Friday Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to individuals who (a) are legal residents of the 50 United States or Canada (excluding Quebec); (b) are at least eighteen (18) years of age or the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, whichever is older; and (c) have a Twitter account. Employees of Pandora Jewelry, LLC (“Sponsor”), and Sponsor’s parent, subsidiary and affiliate companies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, municipal, territorial and local laws and regulations and is void in Quebec and wherever prohibited by law. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Pandora Jewelry, LLC, 8671 Robert Fulton Drive, Columbia, MD 21046. Twitter is not affiliated with the Sweepstakes.
3. Entry Period: The Sweepstakes commences on November 19, 2012, at 12:01 AM and ends on November 23, 2012 at 11:59 PM (the “Entrance Period”). Sponsor's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: If you do not currently follow Pandora Jewelry on Twitter, visit http://www.twitter.com/Pandora_NA and click on the icon to follow Pandora North America. Once you are following Pandora North America, to enter the Sweepstakes, retweet Pandora’s Black Friday Official Sweepstakes Tweet and include @Pandora_NA and #BlackFridayCharm in your tweet. Limit one (1) entry per day. Entries exceeding this limitation will be void. If Sponsor, in its sole discretion, believes that any entrant has or has attempted to obtain entries by using multiple/different Twitter accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods, that entrant will be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the Twitter account used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned to the Twitter account by Twitter. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder, as well as proof of age. It is the responsibility of the entrant to notify Sponsor if the entrant changes his or her Twitter account or email during the Sweepstakes Period. You are responsible for any charges you incur from your wireless services provide resulting from posting updates or receiving updates from Twitter. All terms and conditions of Twitter.com apply.
5. Winner Selections: Following the end of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor will randomly select five (5) potential winner from the eligible entries received during the Entrance. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entrance Period.
6. Notification and Requirements of Potential Winner: Potential winners will be announced within 72 hours of the drawing. An individual is not deemed a winner unless and until he/she has complied with these Official Rules regardless of whether he/she has been announced as a winner on Twitter or in any other forum. The Sponsor will also send the potential winner a message from @Pandora_NA to the potential winner’s Twitter account used to enter the Sweepstakes with instructions on how to claim the prize. In order to receive a message from Sponsor, Entrant must (a) be following @Pandora_NA and (b) have his/her account settings set to “unprotected” and/or “public.” If a potential winner does not respond and comply with the instructions in the message within five (5) days after Sponsor sent the message or is not in compliance with these Official Rules, he/she will forfeit the prize and Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place in a random drawing of all eligible entries received for the drawing at issue. Except where prohibited, each potential winner (parent/legal guardian if a winner is a minor in his/her place of residence) will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release in order to claim his/her prize. Canadian winners will be required to answer a time limited skill testing question without assistance, in order to be eligible to receive a prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release within the required time period, or fails to answer the skill-testing question correctly (if applicable), potential winner forfeits the prize. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will not be awarded. By participating, each winner, except where legally prohibited, grants permission for Sponsor to announce his/her name on Twitter as the winner.
7. Prizes: Each winner will receive one (1) PANDORA Black Friday Charm. The approximate retail value of each prize is $55.00 U.S. and $65 CA. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize (or any component thereof) should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Limit of one (1) prize per person/Twitter account/household for the Sweepstakes.
8. Release: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/Sweepstakes agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, and for claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy.
9. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state or province for Sweepstakes purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
10. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other Sweepstakes or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limitations of Liability: Sponsor is not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. If the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for Maryland or the appropriate Maryland State Court located in Howard County, Maryland, U.S.A.; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, U.S.A. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
14. Winner List: For names of the winners, please email Sponsor at USSMSupport@pandora.net or write your name and complete address on a 3” x 5” card and mail in a first class stamped envelope to Sponsor at the address above with the notation “Pandora Unforgettable Summer Sweepstakes.”
NOTICE: This Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter. By entering into this Sweepstakes, you agree to release Twitter from all liability from claims associated with this Sweepstakes.
© 2012 Pandora Jewelry, LLC. All rights reserved.